The 1920 historic building was in need of cleaning and restoring. The building underwent 100% cut out and repointing of all the mortar joints and a full restoration cleaning. Located in redeveloped Market Square its historic significance is on display to all of Knoxville.
Construction consisted of cut out and tuck pointing 3 facades, restoration cleaning, repairs to metal window sills, headers, and cornices, and returning the original entrance back to its authentic magnificence through precasting and patching the carved stone work.
WASCO, Inc. was the contractor working directly for the owner.
Completed in 2011.