Historic St. Luke’s Church was constructed in 1845 with additions in 1883. A tornado destroyed portions of the entry vestibule and weakened the walls of the church nave. Repairing the damage required dismantling and rebuilding the remaining masonry walls of the church.
Construction consisted of demo and salvage of existing materials, carefully mapping the original details, an expansion of the church building, brick pavers in the courtyard and plaza, stone pathcing and restoration of the bell tower with tuck pointing and cleaning.
GC: Lashlee-Rich, Inc.
Architect: Hord Architects
Completed in 2004